Responsible for the successful execution of the ISO 9001-certified quality program. This hands-on position interfaces daily with production and inspection personnel to provide guidance and maintain quality requirements. Works with production to identify root causes and corrective actions and drives continual improvement. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Auditor for ISO 9001 internal audit program. Responsible for audit execution, corrective actions, and audit completion.
- Coordinates dimensional inspections and CMM layouts, including SPC
- Responsible for oversight of the fluorescent penetrant (PT) and Radiographic (RT) testing programs, including Level II personnel training and certification. NDT certification preferred – willing to train
- Leads review and disposition of the non-conforming product. Identify trends and issues.
- Generates work instructions and manufacturing documentation.
- Coordinates gage calibration program
Education and Qualifications
- Experience working as a Quality Engineer, Quality Supervisor, or similar role
- Experience with ISO 9000 or AS-9100 auditing preferred
- CMM, root cause analysis, and penetrant and x-ray experience
- NDT Level III or II certification in PT and RT preferred; willing to train
- Quality experience in a manufacturing/foundry environment
SPC development and analysis
B.S. in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
-Ability to use hand gauges and read drawings.
-Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, 8D/Corrective Action, Process Flow, and Gauges.
-Understanding of, experience with, or a demonstrated ability to learn all industrial, commercial, and government regulations/standards
– Experience with advanced problem-solving methodologies a plus ( Six Sigma.).
-Strong computer knowledge and efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
-Excellent communication, analytical, and presentation skills