Morris Bean & Company has been providing aluminum casting excellence since 1946. To replace a retiring employee with us for 40 years, we seek a well-qualified business and financial executive.
Responsible for the organization’s overall financial plans, policies, and practices. Directly Responsible for Accounting, Purchasing, and Information Systems. Plans and gives general direction to the conduct of corporate treasury activities, including the care and custody of funds and other financial assets of the corporation and of funds for which the corporation has fiduciary responsibility. Assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to develop financial plans working closely with operation leaders.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
▪ Execute the company’s financial strategy
▪ Prepare financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts, and statements to understand the financial state of business
▪ Manage banking relationships, external communications, and treasury functions.
▪ Monitor and control insurance and professional costs for the corporation.
▪ Present financial reports to the board of directors and shareholders.
▪ Assure adequate and efficient financial and accounting systems and controls.
▪ Track business trends, including:
labor utilization and cost
direct and indirect material and supplies, scrap and salvage costs, administrative expenses, etc. Analyze this data, and keep management informed of trends.
▪ Develop plans for growth to increase company profit while also reducing expenditures
▪ Participate with management on important financial decisions as the CEO’s principal business advisor
▪ Supervise employees who work with the controller in preparing financial reports and budgets
▪ Evaluate investment opportunities
▪ Maintain compliance with company, tax, GAAP, and other legal requirements and maintain the financial state in good standing to the highest ethical standards
The duties listed above are a summary of the position and not a complete job description.
- A CPA certificate, MBA Preferred
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills both internally and externally
- Demonstrable record of significant cost-saving initiatives
- Ten year’s progressive business experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Collective bargaining agreement costing and experience